Unicla International Limited
Unicla is an established and respected name in mobile equipment compressor design and manufacture that was established in Japan in 1964 by innovative industrialist and mobile air conditioning pioneer, Mr Tetsuo Nobata. Unicla's head office is in Hong Kong, and the manufacturing plant is in Chasan, China. In 2012, a state of the art environmental test centre was built in Queensland Australia, where all Unicla products are rigorously tested and validated and R & D is carried out.
Unicla celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2014. It remains a small, privately owned company, universally acknowledged for its robust compressor design and manufacture, and technical support regime.
- Unicla was the first compressor manufacturer to produce a 10 cylinder swashplate, in conjunction with Clarion Japan
- Unicla’s working assembly design allows for the development of other models with different capacities
- Unicla has the widest range available from 45cc to 680 cc
- Unicla was the first to release dual refrigerant R134a and R404a models for transport refrigeration off-engine drive market in 1998
- In 2001 Unicla commenced a new 14 cylinder design, and in 2004, the UWX compressor was released as the first of its type in the world
- The Unicla F series innovation was extended to a global marine refrigeration market in 2012
- Current generation of Unicla compressors has maintained the traditional Unicla high quality standards and superior durability.